Lavender Pear Cheesecake (Raw, Vegan)
September 11, 2018
Is there anything dreamier than the sweet sweet scent of lavender? I don't think so! It's delicate, soothing, and invigorating all at once, and it tastes just as glorious. It also pairs well with so many things, including the fresh, juicy pear - which doesn't get nearly enough love in the fruit world if you ask me!
These two flavors create a crisp, sweet, and floral party for your palate, and let’s be honest, that’s the best kind of party. I’ve always been a big fan of floral flavors, but I’m especially big on lavender lately. It’s great for so many things, including aiding in relaxation, digestion, and inflammation. Pears also help with digestion and inflammation, as well as detoxification and fighting free radicals - plus they’re delicious, so these two make a winning combo and the perfect transitional dessert for summer to fall!
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raw pistachios
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¾ cup pitted medjool dates, soaked and drained
- ⅛ tsp. sea salt
Lavender Pear Filling
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked and drained
- 2 large, ripe Bartlett pears, peeled and sliced
- ⅓ cup fresh blueberries, for color
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted and cooled to room temp.
- ¼ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I use vanilla cashew milk)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2-3 tsp. dried culinary lavender, adjust to taste
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Fresh pear slices
- Chopped pistachios
- Dried lavender buds and sprigs
- Dried rose petals
For the Crust
- Soak dates in warm water to soften for about 30 minutes.
- Grease a 6-in x 3-in spring form pan with coconut oil non-stick cooking spray and line bottom with parchment paper.
- Place almonds, pistachios, coconut flakes, and salt in a food processor and process into a crumble.
- Add the dates, after soaking and draining, and blend into a sticky dough, scraping down the sides when necessary.
- Press mixture into bottom of spring form pan and set aside.
- Clean out the food processor to prepare the next layer.
For the Lavender Pear Filling
- Soak cashews in warm water for 4-6 hours. Drain and place in food processor with all Lavender Pear Filling ingredients and blend until creamy and smooth. Taste and adjust lavender amount as needed.
- Pour the filling over the crust, then tap pan on counter to release air bubbles.
- Cover and place in the freezer to set for 4-6 hours, or overnight for best results.
Remove cake from spring form pan and garnish with chopped pistachios, dried lavender buds and rose petals, fresh pear slices, and a few sprigs of lavender. Allow to thaw at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before slicing and serving. Store in the freezer for up to two weeks.