Pumpkin Pecan Chocolate Chunk Blondies (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
November 24, 2019
Pumpkin, and pecans, and chocolate, oh my! These gluten-free, vegan blondies are simple,
delicious, and bursting with Fall flavor that'll keep you coming back for more all season long!
Seriously, they're addicting...thankfully they're also filled with good-for-you ingredients, so bake
away and enjoy every chewy morsel!
- 1 (15-oz.) can organic pumpkin purée
- ½ cup creamy cashew butter, or other nut butter of choice
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. Ceylon cinnamon
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chunks (I like the Enjoy Life brand)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Extra chocolate chunks and pecans for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350° F and spray an 8x8 baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour rolled oats into food processor and pulse into a fine flour.
- Add remaining ingredients, besides chocolate chunks and pecans. Blend into a well-combined dough, scraping down the sides when necessary.
- Pour batter into mixing bowl and fold in chocolate chunks and pecans.
- Evenly spread batter into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle extra chocolate chunks and pecans on top and press into dough.
- Bake at 350° F for 25-30 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned and knife inserted in the middle comes out clean. Oven times may vary.
- Let cool completely in pan on wire rack, at least 30 minutes. Remove from pan, slice and enjoy!
Best served fresh. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, and re-heat in the microwave for fresh out of the oven taste!